Supporting clients with stress, anxiety and depression
It is estimated that 1 in 4 adults will experience some form of stress, anxiety or depression each year, and approximately 1 in 10 children of school age suffer from mental health problems. Short term stress is not a problem and our bodies are well equipped to deal with it. However, when the pressure becomes long term it starts to have a detrimental impact on health, causing physical, emotional, behavioural and cognitive problems.
Relaxation Reflexology is a 90 minutes treatment which starts with a Guided meditation, with the aim to calm the mind and relax the body. the Guided meditation includes breath work, relaxation techniques and guided visualisation. This will be followed by a Reflexology treatment which uses the power of plants in essential oils targeted to your individual needs. A few drops of the chosen essential oils will be mixed into the treatment wax and applied directly to your feet. We recommend you allow 8 hours before washing the feet, to allow your skin to absorb the essential oils more fully.
How does Relaxtion Reflexology work?
- By relaxing and restoring nerve pathways signals to the brain and spinal cord.
- Balancing any hormonal disruption caused by the endocrine system which can cause low mood.
- Working the Limbic system which controls how the brain retains information and memories. (PTSD & anxiety)
- Relaxing and improving the gut function which can be affected by raised cortisol levels (stress, anxiety) or reduced serotonin levels (depression).
- Improving how we breath by releasing any tension held throughout our lungs, intercostal muscles and diaphragm through times of stress.
After a session of reflexology, you may notice that you feel more relaxed, that body tension eases and you experience improved sleep, better mood, increased energy levels, and a sense of general improved well being.