What Is Reflexology
Reflexology is a gentle but effective therapy which is non-invasive and holistic. I specialise in working particularly with women going through transitional times in their lives such as Fertility, Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Menopause and all things hormonal. I also have a special interest in supporting women and men experiencing Stress and Anxiety.
Reflexology is a gentle but effective complementary therapy that involves a pressure technique on the reflex areas found in the feet, hands and face. Reflexology allows the body to go into a deeply relaxed state, giving the person a sense of well being. It is based on the principle that different points in the feet and hands correspond to different parts of the body.
Reflexology is a very individual treatment that works holistically. The theory is that reflexology helps the body to restore its natural balance. Most people find that after a treatment their tension is reduce and that they feel relaxed. They also notice that they sleep better and that their mood and sense of well being has improved.
Reflexology has many benefits including:
- Reducing stress
- Boosting circulation
- Improving nerve and blood supply
- Relieving anxiety and depression
- Alleviating insomnia
- Reducing pain
- Reflexology is a gentle supportive treatment which provides a deep sense of relaxation and calm during your fertility journey. I will tailor a course of treatments depending on whether your own cycles are regular with follow-up treatments at particular times of the month to stimulate ovulation.
- Reflexology has been found to be very effective in helping both the physical and emotional symptoms of the menopause without the side effects associated with drug based treatments. It truly is a wonderful therapy to help women in their journey through the menopause.
- Reflexology may be helpful improving hormonal imbalances:
When to have Reflexology
For general health and wellbeing a monthly treatment is advised. However when wanting to address particular issues more frequent treatment will be optimal – we can discuss this during your Initial Consultation.
Initial Consultation and Treatment is 75 minutes or 90 minutes for Fertility support and followup treatments are 60 minutes in duration. Full details of prices can be found under Fees. I work from a lovely peaceful clinic in the centre of Berkhamsted in Hertfordshire.
I am trained in Reproreflexology and I am a member of The Association Of Reproductive Reflexologists (MARR), The Association Of Reflexologists (MAR) and The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR).
Please contact me to book an appointment or to discuss further.